Working from home has always sounded like the perfect situation for many people, but it is very easy to be disillusioned by daydreams when you are disgruntled about having to wake up at ungodly hours in the morning for work. The recent COVID-19 pandemic has, unfortunately, impacted all aspects of our routine lives and limited most of us to within the confines of our houses. This has prompted many organizations to ask their employees to start working from home. While it may feel unideal to many of us now for a variety of reasons, the main issue in this situation is that of security.
With official reports stating that attempts to hack into computer systems and steal data are at an all-time high due to increased usage of remote technology, it has become essential for all of us to secure our systems before we even think about accessing work-related documents on our PCs and laptops. Without employing the proper protection, you can give hackers the pathway they need to enter the network and gain access to sensitive information that can be used against the company that you work for. It can also lead to the accounts of your coworkers getting hacked. A good antivirus program like mcafee.com/activate can save from these dangers.
STEPS TO TAKE TO SECURE YOUR SYSTEM WHEN WORKING FROM HOME
- Always keep your system in a remote and secure place. It should be out of reach of any children in your house as they can visit malicious websites in their naivety and expose you to harm.
- Always employ the use of a strong antivirus program. The best option in this regard is the McAfee activate Antivirus program. mcafee.com/activate provides you access to a host of protective tools and features such as a firewall and real-time online scanning. McAfee activates Antivirus can be downloaded easily using the mcafee.com/activate product key.
- After downloading McAfee Antivirus from mcafee.com/activate, make sure that you keep your software updated.
- Always try to use a secure or encrypted internet connection for the purpose of work. It can be done using a VPN such as the one offered by McAfee antiviruses activate.
- In the days of COVID-19, your mailbox will be full of spam emails regarding the safety tips and remedies you can invest in during this pandemic. Be wary of these phishing attempts and avoid clicking on the links or files provided. mcafee.com/activate has an anti-spam filter.
- Always use two-factor authentications for your accounts. Moreover, always ensure the strength of your passwords and try not to use the same password for multiple websites.