WHAT IS THE McAFEE TOTAL PROTECTION ERROR FOR UPDATE INSTALLATION ON MAC COMPUTERS?
If you are a Mac user who uses McAfee Antivirus to ensure their system protection and data security, you may occasionally find yourself running into an error when trying to install an update for the McAfee.com/activate software. While it is extremely easy to download the program using your www.McAfee.com/activate product key, installing updates can prove to be a relatively more challenging task, particularly for Mac users. This error can pop up whether you are doing an automatic or even a manual update.
HOW CAN I FIX THIS McAFEE TOTAL PROTECTION UPDATING ISSUE ON MY MAC?
There are a few reasons which can cause this McAfee.com/activate update installation issue to pop up such as if the net security for the Mac kernel extension is unapproved or if your browser or firewall settings are interfering with the update process. Based on the cause, you can take a few routes to fixing this issue:
Authorizing the Net Security for the Mac Kernel Extension
If you are using an OS that is High Sierra, you will have to enable the Kernel Extension to ensure that your www.McAfee.com/activate app functions the way it is supposed to and is able to update. You can make this modification like this:
- Open the Apple menu.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Choose Security and Privacy.
- Here, look for the option for the Mac Kernel Extension and enable it within the Web Security for Mac application.
Changing Firewall Settings
Sometimes your firewall may be blocking the new updates to your McAfee.com/activate software, especially if you are downloading them on a Mac OS High Sierra. Changing the firewall setting will hopefully fix the issue of the error:
- Confirm that the firewall is running and may be causing the trouble.
- Open Applications.
- From the list of the installed applications on your computer, choose the firewall.
- Go through the McAfee firewall settings and ensure that web security or internet security options are not blocked or disabled. Enable them if they are turned off.
- Save the new settings.
Clearing Out the Browser
If the browser is interfering with the www.McAfee.com/activate update, clearing the cache and cookies can help fix it:
- Open up Safari on your Mac.
- Go to Preferences.
- Choose Privacy Option.
- Here, click on website information.
- Select Remove All.
- Choose Done.
- Restart your Mac device to implement the changes and retry the updating.