What is McAfee virus scan error 1603?
McAfee Virus Scan Error 1603 comes after the installation or the updating process of the antivirus program. Thereafter, you may be unable to completely download or update your product. The error is in the form of an error code. Likewise, they may be a message on your screen showing McAfee error code 1603. In addition, you may also start to notice certain performance changes on your PC. For example, a relatively slower system. Otherwise often application freezes and system crashes.
There are a number of reasons why you may come across this scan error 1603. A virus or malware, for example, may infect your system. Therefore this error may pop up and alert you of the antivirus performance. Other causes include damage in Windows registry entries, in addition, an incomplete set of McAfee files. On the other hand software and applications can delete or corrupt them.
What are the steps to resolve McAfee virus scan error code 1603?
You can use the following methods to solve McAfee virus scan error 1603 in your system.
Use the Escalation Tool
- Broken or corrupted MSI entries may cause the error. You can clean it up manually.
- The escalation tool allows you to clean these registry entries automatically
- Make sure you make a backup before edits in the registry. Under expert supervision complete the editing.
McAfee Virus Scan for Malware
● Run a full system scan to ensure the error is not a result of a virus or malware on your PC.
Remove Junk Files
- Make sure you occasionally take the time out to clean out junk files from your system.
- Open the command prompt.
- Run the command cleanmgr.
- Allow the Disk Cleanup to automatically remove all your junk and temporary files.
Update System Drivers
- Out-of-date drivers and operating systems can also be the cause of the McAfee error code 1603.
- You can use tools like Driverdoc to ensure that your graphics drivers etc are all up to date.
Reinstall McAfee Antivirus
- If the error is due to incomplete installation, reinstalling the antivirus program may solve the error.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Locate and highlight McAfee Antivirus.
- Click on Uninstall.
- You can reinstall your McAfee security product, This is made possible by logging into your account at www.mcafee.com/activate.
Last Updated on November 16, 2020