If you face any issues in your McAfee account login, you may be entering the wrong password or email address. Additionally, your browser might be submitting an invalid password or email address automatically.
Alternatively, you can log in to your McAfee Account by visiting http://home.mcafee.com. However, if your McAfee account login continues to pose problems despite following the instructions given below in this article, contact McAfee Customer Service.
Now, with all said and done, read the instructions provided below for removing your problems regarding logging in to your McAfee Account:
You may be encountering problems in your McAfee Account login because:
- During your McAfee login, you could have forgotten your True Key Master Password, and thus it needs resetting. For doing this, visit- “TS102545 – How to change or reset your True Key Master Password”.
- The True Key app might be inaccessible due to an invalid login attempt, and a security check on truekey.com is visible. For more details on this, visit “TS102522 – You can’t log into True Key even after you complete the security check.”
- Lastly, the Secure Home Platform app is inaccessible due to an incorrect McAfee account login. Again, for more details on this specific issue, you would need to visit “TS102689 – You are unable to log in to the Secure Home Platform app.”
To get back login access to your McAfee account, here’s what you can do:
- Verify and then type your valid email address once again
- Visit home.mcafee.com for rectifying the errors in McAfee account login.
- Click on the Log Out option (if present). Logging out of your McAfee account is mandatory from this step onwards.
- Please hover your mouse around the My Account option. Then click on the Sign In option from the options’ list that emerges.
- If in the Email Address field, you see an address already present, delete it.
- Lastly, type in your registered password and email address. Then click on the login option.
Upon seeing an error message while logging into your McAfee account, you would know that you might have used an incorrect password or email address. McAfee stores the login password and email address initially used while registering on the site or when purchasing any McAfee product. Therefore the McAfee login page fails to recognize multiple versions of the same email. For instance, @att.net and @worldnet.att.net unrecognizable to the login page as the same email address’ different versions. Alternatively, even if you did use the valid email address, you may be entering an invalid password.
DO NOTE: The password you create for McAfee account login is highly case sensitive. If your password was something like “T0m5M1tH” until May 2017, you could have still logged in by typing “t0m5m1th” as your password. However, from May 2017 onwards, McAfee account passwords were rendered case sensitive. Now if you wish to log in, you should exactly type your password as used while registering.
If you cannot recall your password in its exact version, read the instructions for password recovery given below.
How can you recover your McAfee Account Login password or email address?
First, try to log off from your McAfee account and then log in once more. At this point, you should be careful of your browser’s attempt at automatically filling in the old yet invalid password and email address. After successfully logging out, enter your valid email address for logging in right back:
- First, visit home.mcafee.com for rectifying McAfee account login errors.
- Next, please hover your mouse around the My Account option, until you can click on My Account that emerges from the resulting list of options.
- Then click on the “Forgot Your Email Address?” option or”Forgot Your Password?” option. Now, follow all the upcoming on-screen prompts and instructions. To know more details about password recovery or email recovery, kindly visit “TS102157 – How to recover your My Account email address or password.”
- You will receive your password information in your registered and valid email inbox. Furthermore, your correct email address will be visible.
PLEASE NOTE: Your valid password should only contain numbers and letters. If any non-alphanumeric characters (such as: ! @ &, “), are present in your retrieved password, then you will be unable to log in to your McAfee account.
Contact McAfee Customer Service, if you do not receive any password recovery/reset email in your email inbox, or if your registered email address does not exist anymore.
Last Updated on December 3, 2020