McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR) is a very light software from McAfee itself. It doesn’t even need installation of itself (Thanks to McAfee) for removing McAfee consumer products from windows, iOS, android lynx, etc. It requires very few inputs in the process of uninstalling the McAfee antivirus software.
You might face difficulties uninstalling McAfee antivirus software because they are designed in such a way by software developers to not be uninstalled, bypassed or disabled by nasty viruses. Like Ransomware, trojan, adware etc.
Note: Your PC is unprotected until you reinstall your security software.
Read following articles if you need to install or uninstall McAfee products:
Some conditions When you need to use McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR)
- McAfee has expired, and you want to install any other McAfee antivirus product or any other third-party antivirus.
- If you have purchased a new computer that came with pre-installed McAfee and you want to install different antivirus software.
- You have deactivated the McAfee license of this device and want to install it on any other device
- Antivirus has crashed and need to be reinstalled.
- System security is compromised, and you need to uninstall McAfee antivirus.
- Facing any other system issue like slow computer speed, etc., and you wish to diagnose the root cause of the problem by uninstalling the antivirus software.
Important: McAfee removal tool only is used if windows removal method has failed.
How to download, install and use McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR)
CAUTION: Save all your unsaved work as the steps require system restart at the finish
- For downloading McAfee click on the following link: McAfee removal tool download from McAfee website
- Click on the download setup file and click on Run. MCPR software does not require installation. You will see files extracting see files extracting
- Click on Next
- Accept the license agreement click on next.
- Enter the shown characters in the captcha code and click on next.
- McAfee Product removal will start and wait for it to finish.
- Once the McAfee Product is uninstalled, you will see the above screen. Click on Restart.
Last Updated on June 10, 2021