Hundreds of people have been searching this question How to uninstall Avast antivirus from the pc. The incorrect procedure followed while uninstalling any antivirus software can lead to various software issues later like: Black screen after restart, no internet, Slow computer, Unable to load any other antivirus, bsod etc.
Here in this article below, we will let you know the correct and latest steps to remove Avast. See a similar article to remove McAfee antivirus: How to uninstall McAfee Antivirus?
Important: steps to remember before uninstalling Avast:
- Save all your unsaved work before starting the steps.
- Disconnect the printer and any external hard drive connected to the computer.
- Close all programs and restart the system and then follow the steps mentioned.
- Make sure to log in with the Administrator user account.
- Make sure the laptop is charged enough and do not shut down in between.
How to completely uninstall Avast from your computer?
These are the two ways to uninstall Avast safely from your computer.
- Uninstall via App & Features.
- Uninstall Avast using Avastclear.
Important: Before uninstalling the Avast antivirus via App & Features, Disable Avast self-defence.
- Open Avast antivirus
- Go to Menu > Settings
- Select General Tab > Troubleshooting from sub-menu.
- Remove the checkmark from Enable self-defence. Click yes on the warning notification.
- Close Avast antivirus.
How to Uninstall via App & Features?
Approx Time needed: 15 minutes.
In this process we will use Windows 10 App & features to uninstall Avast antivirus from your system.
- Search for Apps & features
Next to Windows 10 start button search for Apps & features and then select it.
- Select Uninstall
Click Avast antivirus, and select Uninstall.
- Click Yes on account control box
Select yes when the User Account Control box appears.
- Click Uninstall on Avast
Select Uninstall when the Avast antivirus window appears.
- Click yes to confirm uninstall
Click Yes to confirm Avast antivirus uninstallation.
- Wait to complete uninstall
Wait for uninstallation to complete. It may take several minutes.
- Restart Computer
Once uninstallation is complete, click Restart computer.
How to Uninstall Antivirus using Avastclear?
Sometimes users fail to uninstall Avast by the standard procedure as explained in the above steps – Uninstall via App & Features. In this type of case, Avast has provided us with Avastclear or avastclear.exe to eradicate Avast.
- Download avastclear.exe on your desktop.
- Click on the Avast setup file.
- Select yes when the User Account Control box appears.
- Click on Yes to restart the system in safe mode recommended; however, the tool will also work in normal mode on the computer.
- Click on Yes once again to continue booting in safe mode.
- Click on Remove.
- Restart your computer to finish Avast uninstallation.
Warning: Your pc is unprotected now. Make sure to install antivirus asap. If you would like to install McAfee antivirus you can visit mcafee.com/activate.
Last Updated on October 27, 2021