Disabling the Avast antivirus software may fully disable your system’s pre-installed antivirus protection, so do this only if you intend to download a similar antivirus application again. Given below is a rundown of how you can altogether disable Avast Antivirus without uninstalling the program.
Most antivirus programs on the market are capable of protecting your computer. However, specific antivirus software is prevalent among consumers due to the dependability and effectiveness they provide.
Avast antivirus is without a doubt one of those. This is why so many users chose this antivirus for long-term use. However, there are occasions when antivirus software prevents specific websites from opening and may prevent even reliable programs from downloading or changing system files somehow.
However, uninstalling the complete antivirus application, for this reason, may expose your device to extra threats.
Disabling all shields immediately
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Following are the steps on how to disable all Avast shields immediately:
- Step 1: Enter the Avast antivirus settings.
Find the orange Avast icon on the Windows toolbar, then right-click to enter the Avast antivirus settings.
- Step 2: Pick one of the available choices.
Navigate to Avast Shields and pick one of the available choices, such as deactivating for 10 minutes, an hour, until the device is rebooted or disabling the shields permanently.
- Step 3: After selecting options, select “OK”.
Verify the selected option by tapping on “OK,” and all the shields will be suspended for the duration you specify.
- Step 4: Now check that all Avast shields are disabled.
Return to the antivirus’s main panel to ensure that Avast has disabled all shields. Next, go to the status tab and wait for the instructional prompt.
If you see the prompt, you’ve effectively disabled all shields.
Select the ‘TURN ON’ option in the main window if you feel the need to reset the shields.
How to Disable Avast Shields One At A Time
You will not have to turn off your virus protection entirely for just about everything, and turning off specific individual shields may also be effective. Doing this has an additional advantage in that if you switch off Avast antivirus programs one at a time, you will be capable of completing your work with some level of security still active.
- Step 1: Locate the Avast icon on the taskbar, which is located in the bottom right corner. For launching the Avast user interface, double-click on the Avast icon.
- Step 2: Once there, navigate to the ‘Protection’ page and select the ‘Core Shields’ option. Choose the ‘Core Shields’ option now.
- Step 3: Within the core shields, you’ll discover four different types of protection shields, each with its toggle button for deactivating or activating the shields.
- Step 4: Now, you may deactivate one of the shields by toggling the on/off toggle switch. You will be asked once again what time you would like to deactivate the shields, and you may choose from one of them.
Activating the deactivated Avast shields
Once the task is completed, you may toggle ‘ON‘ to activate the shields and install complete protection.
Last Updated on September 27, 2021