How to redeem a McAfee LiveSafe retail card and activate your purchased.
If a product card in-store bought by you, you can activate this card to download and install McAfee LiveSafe and activate your subscription.
Redeeming your retail card / Activating your subscription:
- Open a web browser and go to the link (URL) on your retail card.
- Select your country and language from the drop-down menu.NOTE: While the registration page tries to select your region correctly, it might make an incorrect selection. Please confirm the information.
- Carefully enter the registration number from your retail card.
- Type your email address and click Submit.
- Ensure your email address is correct, and then click Verify.NOTE: If your email address is incorrect, click Edit to return to the previous screen, correct your email address, and then click Verify to continue.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create a McAfee account and install LiveSafe. If you need help with the installation, see Download and installation instructions of McAfee LiveSafe.
How to resolve issues while redeeming your retail card and activating your subscription:
- If you see the messages web page does not exist or invalid product key:
- Check the registration number for data entry errors.
- Change the URL to www.mcafee.com/activate and try again.
- If you see the message We’re sorry, but we’re having technical difficulties at this time. Please try again later:
- Check the Country selection box above the registration number on the activation page. Ensure that you choose the correct country and language for your region.